Gilbert Parent Teacher Organization
The purpose of our organization is to promote open communication among parents, teachers, administrators and to aid the students and staff by providing support for educational and recreational needs. We function strictly through the help of volunteers and on the budget established by our fundraising efforts.
We also encourage you to get involved! We sponsor many activities that allow parents to give of their time and talents as little or as much as they like. Many hands make light work! Click on Volunteer Opportunities to learn more!
Looking for a way to give back to Gilbert? Consider becoming a PTO officer! It is a great way to get involved with the school and to meet wonderful volunteers in the district. Email us if you are interested in hearing more.
PTO Monthly Meetings
All are welcome to join any and all meetings. We meet the first Monday of every month at Gilbert Middle School.
The Gilbert PTO is excited for the 2019/2020 school year!
Check out our website to keep updated on all our events and activities throughout the year: GilbertPTO.org
Follow us on Facebook: Gilbert Iowa Community Schools PTO
Mark your calendars now for the following events:
- BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT: Stop by the commons for cookies during the Elementary and Intermediate Back-to-School Nights on Wednesday, August 21st!
- SQUARE 1 ART FUNDRAISER: We are thrilled to be coordinating this popular fundraiser again. Your children will begin working on their art masterpieces in September and you’ll have the opportunity to order gifts showcasing their artwork this fall in time for the holidays. We have optional participation this year for middle school students as well!
- Fall Spirit Wear: Stock up on Gilbert Tigers shirts for the whole family! Watch your emails this fall for a link to online ordering and show your Gilbert Pride!
- FIRST MEETING: Our first PTO meeting of the year will be on Monday, September 16th at 7:00 pm at the Gilbert Middle School Library; the remainder of the meetings this school year will be on the first Monday of each month unless it falls on a holiday.
If you have any interest in volunteering for various PTO activities, please email PTO@Gilbert.K12.IA.US to learn more. Here are some example of where you can get involved:
- Fundraising coordinator
- Carnival planning committee (This is now an annual spring event)
- Spring mileage club coordinators
- Taking photos for the Elementary and Intermediate school yearbooks (all year)