Gilbert Community School District is preparing to welcome all students back to their classrooms on August 27, 2020 using appropriate COVID-19 mitigation strategies. We will be working closely with Story County and IA Dept. of Public Health as well as following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Our planning also provides options for on-line instruction, should the need arise due to health concerns related to COVID-19.COVID-19: Return to Learn, Communication & Summer Resources
Gilbert PTO members include guardians of children enrolled in Gilbert schools, teachers and staff employed by Gilbert Community School District, and anyone interested in helping us meet our goals and objectives. Gilbert PTO is completely run by volunteers. There are no membership fees or dues.
Our first PTO meeting of the year will be on Tuesday, September 5th at 7:00 pm in the Gilbert Middle School Library; the rest of the meetings will generally be on the first Monday of October, November, December, February, April and May. The meetings are held to hear from teachers, staff, and school administrators, consider requests for funds, and discuss Gilbert PTO events. All guardians in attendance can provide input as to how Gilbert PTO funds are spent.
- Support classroom learning.
- Encourage learning in and out of the classroom.
- Encourage student support in community activities.
- Serve as a liaison organization between educators and parents.
- Establish a communication mechanism between educators, parents, and district patrons.
- Provide financial backing for non-budgeted school projects.
- Recruit volunteers for various activities upon requests for teachers and staff.
- Increase Gilbert PTO involvement with staff.
Projects Funded in the 2018-2019 School Year
- Teacher Supplies: $5,563
- Movie Licenses: $1,419
- Mental Health Night: $1,146
- Take Home Folders for Elementary and Intermediate: $1,070
- Field Trips: $763
- Tiger Way T-Shirts: $650
- Movie Night: $500
- Veteran’s Day Assembly: $234
- Obstacle Course Rental for Elementary Field Day; $250