Gilbert PTO members include guardians of children enrolled in Gilbert schools, teachers and staff employed by Gilbert Community School District, and anyone interested in helping us meet our goals and objectives. Gilbert PTO is completely run by volunteers. There are no membership fees or dues.
Our first PTO meeting of the year will be on Tuesday, September 6th at 7:00 pm in the gilbert Middle School Library; the rest of the meetings will generally be on the first Monday of October, November, December, February, April and May. The meetings are held to hear from teachers, staff, and school administrators, consider requests for funds, and discuss Gilbert PTO events. All guardians in attendance can provide input as to how Gilbert PTO funds are spent.
- Support classroom learning.
- Encourage learning in and out of the classroom.
- Encourage student support in community activities.
- Serve as a liaison organization between educators and parents.
- Establish a communication mechanism between educators, parents, and district patrons.
- Provide financial backing for non-budgeted school projects.
- Recruit volunteers for various activities upon requests for teachers and staff.
- Increase Gilbert PTO involvement with staff.
Projects Funded in the 2015-2016 School Year
- Curriculum materials: $20,000
- New Gilbert School District website: $5,000
- Teacher supplies, $4,000
- Physical Education programs at the Elementary, Intermediate, Middle & High School: $2,000
- Story County Conservation for Elementary, Intermediate, and Middle School students: $1,350
- Basketball hoop in Gilbert Intermediate East Gym: $1,265
- Performances for the Elementary and Intermediate School students: $1,200
- Directories for the Elementary, Intermediate & Middle School: $800
- Laminating for the Elementary and Intermediate students’ art work: $325
- Eagle Scout bench project for Elementary School: $190
- Veterans Lunch at Middle School: $150