Gilbert Community School District is preparing to welcome all students back to their classrooms on August 27, 2020 using appropriate COVID-19 mitigation strategies. We will be working closely with Story County and IA Dept. of Public Health as well as following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Our planning also provides options for on-line instruction, should the need arise due to health concerns related to COVID-19.COVID-19: Return to Learn, Communication & Summer Resources
Coronavirus Updates & Communication
Gilbert Schools is committed to supporting our staff, students, parents & community.
The District Office will be closed to the public for in-person visitors. If you need assistance please call 232-3740 between the hours of 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday.
Return to Learn Plan:
Remote Learning Commitment Form
If you are choosing remote learning for any of your children. You must complete this form by August 12, 2020. This commitment form is in addition to the survey you completed indicating your preferred method of learning.
NEW!!! All families are asked to complete THIS survey as soon as possible! Parents are asked to indicate if they plan to have their child/children return to learning onsite or remotely.
Please view our detailed Return to Learn/Reopening Plan HERE.
Gilbert Schools submitted THIS documentation to the Iowa Department of Education.
Below are two questions from our parent survey sent on June 1, 2020. These two questions were focused on next year.
Resources for Parents & Students:
- NEW!!! Summer Parent/Student Resources (Pre-School – 5th grade)
- look for the new Elementary & Intermediate slides on the Continuous Learning Plan
- Parent/Student Continuous Learning Plan
- Free online resources (PS-12)
- Letter from our School Counselors (resources included)
- Pandemic EBT Q & A for Schools
- DHS P-EBT FAQ
Return to Learn Planning – we need your help!
- Family survey July 2020
- Link to survey is embedded in above link
- July 31, 2020 (Remote learning commitment link)
- July 29, 2020 (Survey reminder for returning to learn)
- July 22, 2020 (Reopening Plan – Survey indicating students attending onsite or online)
- July 17, 2020 (Return to Learn Update)
- July 3, 2020 (Gilbert Return to Learn message) (Return to Learn Update)
- Baseball and Softball Spectator Guidelines (Memo from Coach Pezzetti)
- June 26, 2020 (Return to Learn Update)
- June 3, 2020 (Playgrounds open – practice social distancing!)
- June 1, 2020 (Return to Learn Update)
- June 1, 2020 (Backpack Buddies through the summer)
- May 22, 2020 (Return to Learn, Summer Sports, Grab N Go, Online Registration)
- May 19, 2020 (Tiger 5K Fundraiser)
- May 12, 2020 (Gilbert Library free WiFi and resources)
- May 11, 2020 Update (Return to Learn Plan & reminders)
- April 27, 2020 Update (District Update)
- April 17, 2020 Update (School Closure for 19-20 School Year)
- April 13, 2020 Update (COVID-19 Update)
- April 10, 2020 Update (Technology Use)
- April 7, 2020 Update (Continuous Learning Beginning April 13th)
- April 2, 2020 Update (School Closure through April, 30th)
- April 1, 2020 Update (COVID-19 Update w/ Learning Resources link)
- March 27, 2020: Put a Smile on Your Face (Gilbert Administrator Lip Sync)
- March 27, 2020 Update (family needs survey & reminders)
- March 24, 2020 Update (State guidelines for online learning, Grab N Go lunch info & more)
- March 18, 2020 Update (Grab N Go Meals, old link)
- March 16, 2020 (Update #2) (Q&A about school closure for parents)
- March 16, 2020 (Update #1) (Gilbert Schools closed through April 12, 2020)
- March 11, 2020 Update (Message from Story County Superintendents)
- March 5, 2020 Update (COVID-19 General Information)
Staff Wave – June 1, 2020 | 5:30-6:30
Thanks to all of our families and community who drove by so that we could see you all one last time as we ended the 2019-2020 school year. We love you!!
Vehicle Parade Announced! | Regular Routes | Gilbert Town Route
Gilbert Schools Staff is overwhelmed with the amount of love that we felt from the car parade April 15, 16, & 17. THANK YOU for being a part of Gilbert’s Every Family, Every Day!
Resources for Staff:
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or ACT) (posted March 26, 2020)
- Employee Assistance Program Summary
- COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies
- COVID-19 Staff FAQ