Facts (for 2018-19)
- 6 total positions, 9th – 12 grade
- Social Studies
- One leader for: Music, Band, Art, Spanish, PE, Health
- Position is in addition to your current teaching assignment
- 1 additional contract day
- $2,000 stipend*
- Facilitate professional learning communities, ensure completion of weekly team log, use
data to make decisions, and initiate student-focused instructional conversations.
- Attend district-wide teacher leadership team meetings in August, January, and May, and
attend weekly dept. leader meetings which may extend beyond contract time.
- Participate in leadership professional development training as needed.
- Partner with instructional coaches as they personalize professional support for the learning
- Communicate department decisions to other teachers and associates impacted by change.
- Share updated intervention information with teams and interventionists.
- Communicate department schedule changes to associates, interventionists, and others involved.
- Utilize data warehouse for each department to facilitate intervention grouping decisions.
- Lead team through data-driven decisions. (intervention groupings, etc.)
- Participate in the development of a school-wide culture that promotes professional growth
and student learning including participation in the Jungle Tiger initiative. .
- Partner with Instructional Coach and/or TLC Coordinator as a learning partner for coaching
- Serve as a representative for the team, e.g. being a liaison between principal and team and
may include serving on building level team.
*Stipend is an addition to the teacher’s base salary as according to the District Salary Schedule