Due to the extreme weather expected tomorrow, Friday, January 21st, Gilbert Community Schools will have a 2-hour late start. There will be no morning pre-school or K Prep. There will be no before-school practices. Stay warm!COVID-19 Update
Facts (for 2020-21)
- 8 total, 2 per building
- Position is in addition to your current teaching assignment
- 1 additional contract day in the summer
- $4000 stipend*
- Embody the Jungle Tiger philosophy through inviting teachers into your classroom and
observing colleagues’ classrooms
- Advance the Jungle Tiger movement by helping teachers navigate the process of giving and receiving feedback with the Jungle Tiger Ambassador cohort.
- Stipend includes reading of an assigned book along with reflections to be completed before the school year begins.
- Based on the knowledge from the book study, help build capacity for staff to give and receive feedback.
- Develop challenges to encourage staff members to participate through observing in classrooms.
- Manage the badge distribution process.
- Develop an action plan for your year of being a jungle tiger ambassador, which should include
some of the following:
- Visiting classrooms, inviting feedback from peers, share goals with peers and ask for peers to share their expertise.
- Includes share out with teachers in your building as a part of our professional development plan or staff meeting.
- Participate in leadership and content-specific professional development training as needed.
- Participate in the development of a school-wide culture that promotes professional
growth and student learning.
- Assist instructional coach in modeling best practices for specific needs of new teachers.
- Partner with Instructional Coach and/or TLC Coordinator as a learning partner for at least one coaching cycle.
- Attend district-wide teacher leadership team meetings in August, January, and May.
*Stipend is an addition to the teacher’s base salary as according to the District Salary Schedule