Facts (for 2017-18)
- 8 total, 2 per building
- Position is in addition to your current teaching assignment
- 1/2 additional contract day in the summer
- *$2000 stipend
- Develop and implement high-quality rigorous lessons, grounded in the Iowa Core, that increase student learning and provide artifacts to be utilized during professional development if needed.
- Record and tag a minimum of four exemplar lesson with a reflection that apply best practices, educational innovations, and Iowa Core to improve instruction. Transformational technology use is encouraged.
- Participate in leadership and content-specific professional development training as needed.
- Participate in the development of a school-wide culture that promotes professional growth and student learning.
- Assist instructional coach in modeling best practices for specific needs of new teachers.
- Partner with instructional coach and/or TLC Coordinator as learning partners for coaching cycle.
- Attend district-wide teacher leadership team meetings in August, January, and May.
- Invite and encourage other teachers to observe specific instructional strategies in your classroom at least once per semester.
- Observe in a colleague’s classroom once a semester.
*Stipend is an addition to the teacher’s base salary as according to the District Salary Schedule