Facts (for 2018-19)
- 8 total, 2 per building
- Position is in addition to your current teaching assignment
- 1 additional contract day in the summer
- *$2000 stipend
- Embody the Jungle Tiger philosophy through inviting teachers into your classroom and
observing colleagues’ classrooms
- Develop an action plan for your year of being a model teacher, which should include
some of the following:
- visiting classrooms, inviting feedback from peers, share goals with peers and ask for peers to share their expertise, use of transformative technology, recording lessons and viewing them as a reflective practice. model learning from PLN or research. Include share out with teachers in your building as a part of your professional development plan, this could include at a staff meeting.
- Participate in leadership and content-specific professional development training as needed.
- Participate in the development of a school-wide culture that promotes professional
growth and student learning.
- Assist instructional coach in modeling best practices for specific needs of new teachers.
- Partner with Instructional Coach and/or TLC Coordinator as a learning partner for coaching
- Attend district-wide teacher leadership team meetings in August, January, and May.
*Stipend is an addition to the teacher’s base salary as according to the District Salary Schedule