Gilbert Community School District is happy to welcome all students back to their classrooms. We are using appropriate COVID-19 mitigation strategies. We will be working closely with Story County and IA Dept. of Public Health as well as following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Our planning also provides options for on-line instruction, should the need arise due to health concerns related to COVID-19.COVID-19: Return to Learn, Communication & Remote Learning Resources
Gilbert Schools uses multiple ways to communicate in order to best inform all district patrons. Our goal is to use digital tools to get accurate and up-to-date information as quickly as possible. Here’s how you can stay connected:
- District Monthly Newsletters
- Social Media
- School Emergency Alerts – Guardian’s listed in Infinite Campus that have indicated they would like to receive alerts will a phone call, text (if checked) and an email.
- Sign in HERE to Infinite Campus Parent Portal to update your contact information. This is found under Settings> Contact Preferences.
- If you wish to receive text messages please indicate under Settings> Contact Preferences.
- Website Announcements – view on the main page and each school building web page
- Digital Backpack
- Gilbert App – download HERE
- For help, more instructions, or to learn more about the app, click HERE
Our goal is to be consistent in how we communicate with you. Below is the structure that we will strive to follow when getting information to all district patrons.
|Weather Emergencies & Cancellations||school emergency alert, local television & website|
|High Level Crisis||school emergency alert & district-wide e-mail|
|Low Level Crisis||district-wide e-mail|
|Athletics||app, website & activities calendar|
|Building Announcements||app, website & e-mail from principal|
|School Activities||app, website & activities calendar|
|Non-School and/or Extra-Curricular Opportunities||digital backpack|