Teacher Quality Application
Teacher Quality Professional Development & Allocation of Funds
At Gilbert, teachers will have the opportunity to design their own personalized professional learning plan. Teachers may choose to use that non-contract time to complete individual plans as well as choosing to work on their plans over the course of the school year.
- Teachers have the opportunity to complete 2 TQ plans for the 2019-20 school year.
- Full-time certified staff will be paid at their individual per diem rate in the month following completion (submitting final paperwork and sharing out of learning) of their individual plans. (This does not include the district share out time.)
- For plan #1 part-time certified staff will be paid an individual per diem rate, looking at their salary from a 1.0 FTE. For plan #2 part-time certified staff will be paid an individual per diem rate , taking into account their part-time status.
- New learning will be shared with staff in a format and time of each teacher’s choosing.
- District share out will be May 6, 2020.
- Outside hours should be representative of at least 7 hours.
- If work is completed in summer, evidence will still need to be provided of impact on student learning in the year 2020-21.
- Application forms will be accepted through March 31st. Approval/denial will be given within two weeks.
- End of plan report will be due no later than the last teacher work day.
Personalized Professional Learning Plan
This can support your Individual Career Development Plan or it may be a separate learning target. Ideas could include:
- Book Study – incorporated into your timeline
- New learning from a class/workshop
- Unit creation/refinement with connections to the Iowa Core State Standards (CCSS, scope and sequence)
- Essential Questions/Essential Learnings/Big Ideas (unit vision)
- Assessments-summative, diagnostic, and formative
- Integrating technology and resources into the curriculum
- AIW Scoring Session – incorporated into your timeline
- Original ideas discuss with Director of Curriculum & Instruction
Teacher input will be gathered at the end of the 2019-20 school year to gauge the success of this implementation.